Sunday, February 3, 2008

The trauma of buying 2008 Beijing Olympic Games tickets

I just wanna share with you guys my trauma of getting a ticket for the upcoming 2008 Beijing Olympic Games. You know it was my childhood dream to be part of an Olympic Games as a spectator. During school days, I used to watch each day of the Olympic Games and had nurtured this small dream of witnessing Olympic Games.

Since, now I am working and with 2008 Summer Olympic Games to be held in our neighbor country China, I was confident of making it to the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games and had this plan of buying an Olympic Games ticket for the 100 m event—my best event since even I was a 100 mt athlete till my college days.

So, with each approaching days for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, my curiosity to get an Olympic Games tickets just increased and I started enquiring about it from my friends, who were totally blanked about it. I was shocked to hear that some friends were totally oblivious of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.

Then, with news on the craze for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games tickets that had crashed the Beijing games tickets software, my curiosity for that rose further and finally scan most of Beijing Olympic Games sites pages to gather any information about Beijing games tickets.

Luckily, they had enough info on that. It said people from other nation will have to get in touch with their country’s Olympic Committee. So, finally I thought yes now I have got the place from where I can finally book my ticket for the 2008 Beijing Olympics and enthusiastically opened the site of my country’s (India) Olympic site hoping that I will be able to buy tickets in November 2007 and I was flabbergasted to find nothing there.

I couldn’t believe that. And again few days ago, I log on to that same site thinking that with 2008 Beijing Olympic Games just few months away, they would have updated that section; and I will be able to accomplish my childhood dream, but alas, these Indian Olympic official were still found napping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, i understand the craze of watching Olympic Games. Tickets of such an event should be available everywhere. We should bring the matter in light if concerned authority isn't taking steps to make it available for mass.